Monday 18 May 2020

Quizzing in Lockdown #1 - Chris Roberts SpeedQuizzing

As promised, the first in the 'Quizzing in Lockdown' series begins with Chris Roberts' regular Speed quizzing quizzes. I'll be playing tonight, so hope to see you there too....


Image preview

Can you tell us the times and dates of the quiz you run online?
I'm currently running online quizzes on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays at 7:30pm and Saturdays at 3pm.

What is the current format?
The 7:30pm quizzes are fun and easy General Knowledge. The Saturday 3pm quiz is football themed and is easy to medium difficulty.

How have you found adapting to hosting Online?
For me adapting to hosting online has been a lot of fun and not too difficult integrating it into a Zoom chat session. My background as a radio presenter means it has been second nature to host them remotely. Speedquizzing have also done a fantastic job quickly adapting their system to allow this. The hardest part is attracting enough participants to make it financially viable.

Where and when are normal quiz nights held?
Before the lockdown my quizzes took places in pubs around the Midlands, mainly centred around the 'Black Country' area. The British Oak in Kingswinford was my regular Sunday quiz.
The New Inn in Coseley, Wolverhampton was Mondays, The Fellows in Dudley Tuesdays and The Trafalgar in Hednesford, Cannock was my regular Thursday quiz.

How can people get in touch if they want to know more?
Follow 'Chris Roberts Speedquizzing' on Facebook.My website is www.djchrisroberts.com
or send me an email to mail@djchrisroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment