Tuesday 12 July 2022

Book Suggestion - Science #1

 One of my weak areas for quiz has always been Science, for a variety of reasons, and thus my book shelves are rammed with all kinds of Science books and reference works I have used to try and help me improve.  Over the next few weeks Ill share a few links to some of the books I have found most useful.


First up is Lisa Jardine and her work 'Ingenious Pursuits'. Firstly, please ignore the price in the link below. If you click below and then click "Used and New", you will find it much cheaper (under £1) second hand. This is a terrific read that looks at the Scientific revolutions of the 17th and 18th centuries, the key figures involved and the achievements they made. It is fact packed, contains plenty of detail but still moves through the era at a quick pace giving some good context to all the facts being thrown around!

This has certainly helped my base level of Science in the areas covered and certainly worth a look!



No comments:

Post a Comment