Wednesday 30 November 2011

Back Quizzing!........Back to Lazy Question Setting!

Well after much delay I was finally able to return to a favourite quiz last night and get my long awaited quizzing fix. It had been a while so I was looking forward to it very much!

There was a good turn out, ten teams and for once we got talking to the teams around us. Its a simple quiz of 50 general knowledge questions with the last few worth 2-5 points. Its a no frills no gimmicks quiz...but also has the laziest quiz master I have ever seen in terms of setting questions. Before my few months out of the quiz he was poor but now he has gotten even worse.

He clearly is a wikipedia question setter.....Last night he clearly looked at only 4 wikipedia pages. There were 5 questions on Porridge, 5 questions on Slade and 5 on Wolverhampton Wanderers. For a 50 question quiz this is ridiculous. Consider he added another 5 on serial killers and a round of 10  multiple questions with only two possible answers it left us with only around 20 or so points to be had on more diverse topics.

I did enjoy the quiz as usual and continue to learn more each time. We got a decent, honest score and Im happy with that with a few good questions coming out that I was happy to answers.

Roll on the next quiz, its good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment