1. Which Jamaican sprinter, who is the sixth fastest 100m runner of all time, retrospectively tested positive for a banned substance from the 2008 Olympic Games, resulting in Usain Bolt no longer being a “triple-triple” Olympic Champion?
2. What surname is shared by – the first African American to sign a contract with an NFL team and the man Richard Krajeck defeated in the 1996 Wimbledon Men’s Singles Final. In another context, it also the home of the Redskins, the Wizards and Capitals?
3. This British Formula 1 Driver made his debut in 1993 with the Jordan Grand Prix team. In 1996 he moved to Ferrari and took 4 victories in the 1999 season, finishing second behind Mika Hakkinen in the race for the World Championship. Born in Country Down in 1965, name this Formula One Driver who was crowned Auto sports Driver of the year in 1999?
4. This sports team is one of 13 NFL teams never to have won the Superbowl. Joining the NFL in 1966 they are the second oldest Football Franchise in the deep south. They made their first unsuccessful Superbowl appearance in the 1998 season losing to the Denver Broncos and their most reason was the dramatic overtime loss to the New England Patriots at Superbowl 51. Name this NFL franchise who played their home games at the Georgia Dome between 1992 and 2016?
5. At the 2012 Olympics, in which event did David Rudisha set a new world record?
6. Born in 1978, this boxer in currently in his third reign as the WBO champion of his division. According to Forbes, in 2015 he was the second highest paid athlete in the world. He became the third boxer in history to win genuine world titles in 3 of the original weight divisions and was the first, and to date only, eight-division world champion. Name this boxer and politician who was defeated by Floyd Mayweather in front a record pay per view audience in 2015?
7. This former England International has more FA Cup winners medals than any other player in history. He is also one of only two players to have won the League and cup Double with two different clubs. He won 107 caps for England between 2001 and 2014, making him the most capped full back. Part of Arsenals “invincible’s team” of the 2003-2004 season, name this individual who was so offended by Arsenal’s offer of £55,000 per week that he left the club in 2006 to join Chelsea?
8. Formula 1: The 2016 European Grand Prix took place in which country?
Azerbaijan (Accept Baku on early buzz)
9. In 2001, who became the first cricketer to take 500 test wickets and for several years formed a devastating opening bowling partnership with fellow West Indian Curtly Ambrose?
10. In which year did the following sporting events all occur – Pedro Delgado of Spain won the Tour De France, Liverpool won their 17th Di vision one title, Steffi Graff won the “Golden Slam” in tennis, Steve Davis defeated Terry Griffiths in the World Snooker Championship final, Ayrton Senna was crowned Formula 1 World Champion and the Summer Olympics were held in Seoul?