Friday 27 June 2014

Super Buzzer



I came across Super Buzzer quite by accident on Facebook whilst browsing around and since then its been something on a time consumer! 

Super Buzzer is, as the name suggests, an online multi player buzzer quiz which is also available in app versions on Kindle and in the App store. I am not entirely sure how long it has been around but certainly for the past 3 months its been very busy with plenty of people to compete against. There is barely ever anything more than a minutes wait for a match up!

You work your way through various stages in the game with the top players progressing each time and the bottom ones eliminated until it comes down to a head to head final. Variations across the round include point deductions for wrong questions, additional points for answering first and second and such like. 6 players start and there can be only one winner!

One of my favourite aspects of the game is that it does not require you to type fast. Even though my typing speed is pretty fast, I have found games in the past unfair when fast typing was required and it turned into a race against the keyboard rather than a race against knowledge. In Super Buzzer you simply buzz when you know the answer...the question stops so you see no more of it...and you have ample time to answer. Works a treat!

The questions are good, the game is addictive and it certainly helps improve those reaction speeds!

If you play, look me up via email fully234@hotmail.com!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel
    I love Superbuzzer too. What I will say, though, is in recent weeks it seems to me that the question checking has left a lot to be desired. Obviously correct answers can be given wrong, and familiarity with which these are is very useful.

    Most of the people you meet there are fine, but there are those who when they lose decide that in order to beat them you must be cheating, and really get rather abusive about it. These are the minority though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. got any questions and answer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Superbuzzer. In fact, I'm a regular at submitting questions and proofreading too. My only concern is the number of random racial slurs and such I see from certain players. I suppose this is a minority and I do my part in promptly reporting any obscenity or profanity, but I do wish there was some way for the creators to moderate what can be said on the game. It is really a mood killer when you're trying to immerse yourself in the world of trivia, facts and knowledge, which is calming to me, to be presented with unnecessary and outrageous insults.

    ReplyDelete