Tuesday 3 September 2019

Last Months Reading

Although Molly's arrival meant my reading time was reduced massively towards the back end of the month, I did manage to get through a good range of titles in August. Here are the factual books I managed to take in as well as some thoughts on each one...





I will start with the top pick of the month, and to be honest one of the most enjoyable books I have read in some time. How Music Got Free my Stephen Witt is the tale of music piracy and tells the story of the rise of bootlegging and online piracy of music. It reads like a thriller and is an entertaining, shocking and eye opening book that is worth your time! One of the best books I have read.




A new title by a writer who I discovered is from just up the road from me! A tale around major British cities and a story of the music that came out of them. A fun read, especially if you are familiar with the cities he covers! Packed full of facts too....has kept me going for music questions at the pub quiz for some time




A fact packed tome split into accessible chapters and  a treasure trove for questions and quizzing chestnuts! Certainly worth a look



No comments:

Post a Comment