Friday 12 August 2022

Speedquizzing Night in Sunderland

 


With a child free night, after eating food at The Stack in Seaburn, Sunderland, we discovered a quiz that I wasn't aware existed. Now, I like to think I'm usually aware of the quiz scene in Sunderland and have a good grasp of the various nights and where.....but all I will say is I had no idea this existed, and it is by far not only the biggest quiz night in Sunderland, but perhaps the largest regular pub quiz I have ever been to!




As you may be able to see from the Picture above, the Stack is a superb venue in Seaburn, Sunderland right on the coast and with this being an especially warm, this partially open air venue was perfect! The host uses Speedquizzing technology which means you do need a device to play (mobile phone, ipad etc). 

The quiz runs from 8pm-10pm (and it is a 8pm sharp start) and runs in three sections. Each round is treated as a separate quiz with 20 questions per quiz and evil mode activated or the final round which has more prizes. Its free to enter and you can drop in and out. Many teams did...and speaking of team, there was an astounding 154 teams in action on Tuesday! The questions were a nice range for a mass audience.


I also posted the below picture of the large screen on my Twitter account (@quizaddictblog) and got informed by the official Speedquizzing account that this may be the largest screen they have seen used for a Speed Quiz.




All in all, a fun night with a wide range of food and drinks available around the stack, and certainly something I would hope to get back to once the summer is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment