Wednesday 4 December 2013

Show Me The Telly



It is easy to miss ITV's new daytime quiz show Telly Addi....I mean Show Me The Telly as it is tucked away at 4pm. I remember the contestant call going out for this fairly recently and was surprised to see it make it to the screen so early. The premise of the game is 3 "TV Fans" play against 3 "Tv Celebs" one of whom is always the captain Chris Tarrant. Questions are asked on various aspects of TV with head to head games against the Celebs and so on all leading to the contestants trying to earn time for the final in which they must answer a dozen or so questions to win £2,000.

I enjoyed the first episode, mainly for the novelty, but after only a week I have just about give up. Again, I know this show isn't aimed at being for quizzers but here is my views anyway.

The first thing, like many day time shows, is that at 1 hour of screen time this is way too long. Sky Plus helps reduce it but still it is a good 15 minutes or so before the first question seems to be asked. Each contestant gets a good few minutes talking about themselves and each Celebrity obviously gets their much needed screen time. The questions are few and far between, laced with clips of TV shows. Generally on the most part, even as someone who doesn't watch a great deal of "fictionalised/reality" tv shows I found it very easy indeed. Even the final round for the money was particularly hard. I imagine a good quizzer would breeze this!

Richard Bacon is a good host, Tarrant is quite entertaining but the range of guests has been very uninspired. With easy and often boring questions and too much chit chat and filler, this is not something I will be bothering to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment