Thursday 30 July 2015

Fifteen to One



Now the series is settled down and back with us on what seems a like a permanent basis, what are people making of the reboot? (There are currently 2 series just about in the can as well as casting for the one after that!)

This series has started to raise some questions from me and I notice a lot of negativity in certain quarters about the show. Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy it on the whole and I am glad it is back but I can't help feeling there are some flaws with this present series that are hindering my enjoyment. (And before anyone says it, yes I would rather it was on screen in this format than not at all!)

I still think its too long, there are times when I watch it and certain points it feels like a chore. With three advert breaks (unskippable on All4 which is where I watch it) it drags on a little and does not have that all appealing pace the old show used to have. When the chit chat starts to go longer you know early eliminations are coming (this series has varied between about 80 questions a show all the way up to 110) and it does detract from the fun of watching.

Now there are some cracking questions that have came out of this series and generally I don't have a problem with them but there is one major annoyance and that is the "jump". There seems to be no balance in the sets and either you get the easier questions that occur on the first and second pass which seems to take forever, or then when they decide they need to eliminate people the questions become impossibly hard and thus quite a dull show to watch. (After the 10th time of seeing the same person nominate over and over it stops being funny!).

I also would like to see the rule on not allowing previous contestants back on scrapped after the next series so that we can start seeing some top quizzers on the show again as, without meaning to sound offensive, the standard has fallen dramatically in this series on the whole.

What do other people think?

No comments:

Post a Comment