Now everything is settled I can get back into adding some of the features to the blog I have intended to do in recent months the first being a regualr set of pub quiz questions. Just a plain set of 15 general knowledge questions for now. Answers in the comment box....
1. Who is the author of the Clifton Chronicles Saga, the second novel of which is currently in the hardback fiction top 10?
2. "Derek" which premiers on Channel 4 this Thursday is the latest sitcom wrote by and starring which controversial comedian?
3. Who is the oldest ever winner of the US Masters?
4. In 1968, which actor was elected mayor of the Californian town of Carmel?
5. In sport, if Surrey is one starting station, what is the other?
6. In 1913 Emily Davison was killed when she threw herself in front of one of the Kings Horses. What was the name of the horse?
7. "Mirror Mirror" currently showing in UK cinemas is a 'revamp' of which fairytale?
8. The "Lumia" series of mobile phones is made by which company?
9. "I Dreamed a Dream" opened at the Newcastle Theatre Royal this week ahead of a nationwide tour. With whose life is the musical concerned?
10. Which singer did Elizabeth Taylor leave to marry Richard Burton?
11. In terms of worldwide sales, what is the best selling Greatest Hits album (although it does not appear in the top 10 greatest hits albums in the uk)?
12. Who resigned as chairman of BSkyB this week?
13. The "Father of Sound", a pioneer in guitar amplification died this week. What was his name?
14. Fashion designer Gok Wan has teamed up with which high street chain to produce a series of designer glasses?
15. Which popstar stars in a movie, about to open at UK cinemas, that is based loosely on a classic board game?