Afternoon folks! The British weather is treating us to a lovely weekend of rain so managed to get the Sunday evening quiz done a little earlier today. Answers in the comment box!
1. Which former England One-Day Cricket Captain made his professional boxing debut this week?
2. Which famous tea-clipper was reopened by the Queen this week, 5 years after being destroyed by fire
3. Who resigned as Prime Minister of Holland this week?
4. Who was top of the Times Rich List which was released this week, holding onto the position since 2005?
5. The manager of Barcelona announced his intention to leave his post with the club this week. Name him?
6. Guy Garvey is the lead singer with which band?
7. Jupiter is composed primarily of what element?
8. Name the British submarine which sank the Argentinian cruiser General Belgrano.
9. 1 AU is the mean distance from the earth to where?
10. The Romans called it Dubris. What do well call this English town or city today?
11. Matilda of Boulogne was the wife of which King?
12. The “Famous Players Film Company” established in 1912, was the original name for which film distribution company which is still going strong today?
13. In which annual Rugby fixture, played since 1878, do teams compete for the Babcock Trophy?
14. Who was the first Midfielder to score 100 goals in the Premier League?
15. Who wrote the lyrics and music to “Top Hat”?
16. Scarlett Johansson appears as the Black Widow in which superhero movie currently showing at UK cinemas?
17. R Kelly has been at number 1 in the UK singles charts twice. “I Believe I Can Fly” was the first. But what was his second and last UK number 1?
18. In 1944 he was played by Dick Purcell and in 1957 he was portrayed by Matt Salinger. Name the fictional character?
19. Robert Mitchum and Gregory Peck appeared in the original movie before making cameo roles in the 1991 Martin Scorsese remake. Name the film.
20. James Brunot is credited with inventing what popular board game?