Thursday 3 May 2012

In It To Win It



It is rare I go on rants but I am sure I can be forgiven for this one. Can someone explain to me how the Saturday Night lottery show, In It To Win it has survived longer than far superior quiz shows? Every other Lottery quiz show has been better devised, more enjoyable and entertaining. Maybe it is just me but I cannot tolerate this show!

The first thing that has annoyed me for years…being 26 I remember watching the first few series of this with my parents when I lived at home…is the “waffle” before answers. Obviously contestants are told to justify answers for a while, rule out ones they know are wrong and generally talk annoyingly for a period before answering.

“What Colour is the Sky?”
“Well Dale, it might be Red Dale but Im not sure. Green I know is wrong Dale because I have seen the Sky before and its not Green. But I am pretty sure it was Blue this morning Dale when I was coming into the studio so my answer is Blue Dale”

I obviously have realised now that this may be to do with the fact that this game can be played at home on the Red Button so gives people a chance but it is still so very very annoying.

My second grievance is the simple fact that out of every single quiz I have seen over the years on TV, and this is not meaning to be snobbish, but this is the lowest calibre of questions and generally have contestants who I cannot understand why they would apply to go on a quiz show!

Do not get me wrong, I would go on the show in a flash as when you see someone answering such a simple question and walking away with £50,000 no one would turn that chance down but it just annoys me that such a bad show has survived longer than far better quizzes!


Rant Over!

No comments:

Post a Comment