Wednesday 30 May 2012

World Quizzing Championships....

As I mentioned earlier in the week I am off to the WQC (World Quizzing Championships) at the Edinburgh venue this weekend. I posted the subjects in a previous post and I had intended to revise certain areas I had little knowledge on.

I have since decided against this. I know for a fact I am going to struggle big time on Saturday, probably scoring low across the board and failing to make it out of the bottom few who are at the venue. I accept this, I am young, still learning a lot and this is my first major quizzing event. I am looking forward to the day and the result is not that important to me yet.....

It will be a great test of knowledge, a good pointer of where I need to brush up and the level I need to get to to be able to do well at these events. I think it will take a few months after WQC for some to take up the Quiz circuit on a monthly basis but where better place to start. I have bought the questions from previous GP's and compared myself on the rankings and performed way better than I imagined but my next main aim is to start league quizzing seriously.

I look forward to meeting any quizzers attending the venue and good luck to anyone taking part. My next blog entry will be after the quiz so Ill have some views and opinions then!

1 comment:

  1. i would like to sign up for this quiz-what do i have todo?

    ReplyDelete