Thursday 6 September 2012

The Quiz Addict Quiz Trek #12



Hastings Hill, Sunderland

After the Quiz League last night the usual pub quiz was running in the Hastings Hill pub which is just outside Sunderland city centre. It has been a long time since I attended a quiz I have never been to before and so long in fact I did not even remember the number for this part of the Trek. Due to finding a number of regular quizzes I don't want to miss, attending new quizzes has taken a back seat,

Anyway, the Hastings Hill quiz was well attended last night with 8 teams I think and its a nice little pub. I have heard the food is good too but have not had chance to sample it myself. They run a quiz on a Wednesday and Sunday so this is a review of the Wednesday quiz.

The first round was a picture round, 20 points on offer with some different pictures thrown in to add some variety...i.e. movie stills for naming a movie and an album cover to  identify. A great picture round to start proceedings!

Following that there are 4 rounds and last night there was a theme to each round. Round 1 was a set of  General Knowledge questions to ease players in, round 2 was 10 pieces of music with quizzers required to identify the artist (a very good range of music!), round 3 was questions based on "words" and round 4 was a series of GK questions where the first letter of each answer provided an anagram (this week a "historical female figure"). Plenty of variety, plenty of good questions and a quiz that was all round very well put together. Throw in a doubler round, which you are not told about before hand, and a quick game of 13 card bingo and its a fun night! The quiz was actually ran by a member of the Hastings Hill quiz league team so I expected it to be good!

If this was not out of way (as I dont drive) I would certainly attend on a regular basis and would recommend both the pub and especially the quiz to anyone in the area! Another fine quiz in Sunderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment