Thursday 28 November 2013

Brain of Britain 2014

Well, after 2 years of trying and months of waiting I finally will be heading to Salford tomorrow to take part in Brain of Britain 2014. I know I am running before I can walk so to speak, and ideally I should have waited another 5-10 year before even thinking about trying this.....but the chance presented itself this year and there is no harm in giving it a go.

My expectations are low. I fully expect not to make it out of the heat and will be unlikely to score anything close to double figure (1 point will do me at this stage!) but more than anything its been one of my ambitions to appear on the show since I started taking a keen interest in quizzing. If I score 0 and embarrass myself then so be it but I intend to enjoy every minute of it!

With Only Connect, Brain of Britain and Eggheads recordings this year I am pleased to have finally had some experience of broadcast quizzing. I just hope the mental blanks I have had on previous occasions don't return too heavily on Friday.

I believe if all goes to plan the broadcast date will be 23rd December 2013 with the new series beginning a few weeks earlier on 9th December.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. I think that the GPs you participated in will help you a lot more than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I have never listened to Brain Of Britain, but this year I intend to follow the series properly for the first time.

    I hear that the questions are really difficult... Are they more difficult than Only Connect? I wouldn't have thought that was possible.

    ReplyDelete