Friday 22 November 2013

Most Useful Reference Books 2013 #3


Most Useful Reference Books 2013

3 - Brewers Dictionary of Phrase and Fable






Out of all the books on my list for 2013, this is again probably the one I have "enjoyed" using the most. The book is essentially an encyclopaedia of all kinds of wonderful information from mythology to modern day culture and everything in between. I actually find it hard to summarise what this book actually covers as it is so varied. A read of one of the thousand-plus pages in this book will certainly give you at least a new bit of information to consume.

Again, as I mentioned regarding another work this is one of those books you will dip into looking for one piece of information and end up hours later finding yourself consumed. Ideal for learning, setting and just reading for enjoyment I cannot fault this work and it will be of endless use to me for many years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. The Auto-Post went crazy. Should be solved now!

    ReplyDelete