Thursday 10 July 2014

Book Suggestions








This title - Atlas of Histories Greatest Heroes and Villains - may well feature in my annual run down of the most useful books I have used this year. Featured here are fact-heavy profiles of 50 famous figures from history as well as detailed maps of the areas in which they ruled, worked and fought etc. Each page is packed with useful quiz facts and it is ideal for revision and setting. Its currently doing the rounds in The Works and well worth a look!







Little bit off track here as there is very little quiz value in this work.....but I can't do a Book Suggestion list this week without mentioning the title which has held my attention more than any other. You won't need me to tell you that Tracey Thorn is one half of Everything But The Girl and her book, Bedsit Disco Queen, was released last year to much critical acclaim. When I noticed it on sale in The Works for a couple of quid I therefore couldn't turn it down and spend 2 days glued to this. Fascinating tale of her career and life, superbly written and highly entertaining whether you are a fan of EGBT or not!

1 comment: