As usual Sunday Night is Quiz night and I headed up to the Moorcock, Peterlee for Bob Garrigans Quiz. From what I am told Bob has been doing quizzes in the area for years and he always delivers a high quality quiz and with a packed house last night, being the Sunday before a Bank Holiday he delivered a corker.
I was joined this week by my parents to make a formidable team. They compliment the gaps in my knowledge well and as it turned out there 10/10 on the themed round of boys names in songs proved to be vital. With 54/64 we came a respectable second earning a little bit of cash and it was fun all round!
I will give you a few of the questions which I can remember and see how well you can do...........
1. Which British City did Hitler intended to the capital of England should the Nazi Invasion have been a success?
2. In a lonely Hearts add what does the abbreviation NUMP stand for?
3. What was used first in warfare...dynamite or barbed wire?
4. Name the only two Premier League Players to have played every minute of every game for their side in the league each season? The clue is that they both play for clubs in the same city
5. In a deck of playing cards which is the only suit in which the king does not have a mustache?
6. Which fictional character, who appears in both books and films, has the favourite drink known as a Badger?
7. The PGA Golf Championship has taken place in Wentworth this week, which County is the course in?
8. Which Royal Wedding was the first to be televised in colour?
9. Which English Football League ground is the farthest away from any other?
10. What was the nickname of Rugby League Star Martin Offiah......think about the name?
Those were just 10 of the questions that came up last night.
Answers in comment box please and Ill post them up tomorrow