Thursday 18 October 2012

Cleverdicks is no more!


This was announced a few weeks ago but I have only just got round to watching the full series. Cleverdicks was originally shown on the Sky Atlantic Channel, with repeats on Challenge. Due to the repeats clashing with the Olympics I left myself with around 13 episodes to catch up with and just as I was approaching the final few, I read in several papers that the show had been canned!

Such a shame....

Cleverdicks aimed at being a high brow quiz, inviting top UK quizzers to compete and asking the sort of questions, covering the sort of topics, you would not find on your average gameshow. Over the weeks we saw top ranked UK Quizzers, Mastermind champions and known faces from the quizzing circuit. compete. 

My initial views remain the same, I really loved this show and it is a shame I now have to talk about it in the past tense. Although there were one or two minor problems, mainly the guessing nature some rounds descended into, I felt this was one of the best, freshest and most enjoyable shows on Tv. Anne Widdecombe turned into quite a good host by the end of the run I thought and it was a good overall package.

From what I can gather Sky were waiting to see Challenges viewing figures to determine whether to go with a second series. Clashing with the summer and the Olympics won't have helped, not to mention the vast amount of soaps the show clashes with between those hours, but one way or another Sky clearly did not get what they wanted out of this and Cleverdicks is no more!


1 comment:

  1. This is a big shame. I was hoping that it would make British people appreciate pyramidal quizzing more.

    ReplyDelete