Monday 29 October 2012

Quiz and Advice


It has been a while since I posted up some quiz questions as I have been working on a Quiz Book that I am hoping to publish on Kindle soon.

I am trying to pitch it at a certain level which is very very tricky. Can you have a go at this and let me know in the comment box how many of the ten you got!

Cheers!




1. Which Tennis Player, who turn professional in 1986, has an Iranian father, an Olympic Gold Medal and became the quickest player in history to amass $1 Million in prize money when he did so after 43 tournaments?

2. Which iconic British solo artist sang the theme tune to the TV Series “Adam Adamant Lives!” starring Gerald Harper?

3. Which nation won the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest with the song “Euphoria” by Loreen?

4. Declared the “World’s Best Restaurant” by Restaurant Magazine in 2006, which chef owns the Fat Duck restaurant in Berkshire?

5. Other the Games of 2012, in which other Host City did Queen Elizabeth II officially, open the Summer Olympic Games?

6. Due to the familial relationship between them, what collection term is given to the Roman Emperors Nerva, Trajan, Hadrian, Antonius Pius and Marcus Aurelius?

7. What was the name of the short lived ITV soap opera in the 1980’s, broadcast on Friday and Sunday Nights, focussing on the daily on goings of a Manchester market?

8. Which actor was on stage during the 1974 Oscar ceremony when Robert Opel conducted his famous streak?

9. What two word name is given the second parliament of James I due to the fact that it failed to pass a single piece of legislation?

10. Appearing with Charlie Chaplin in ‘The Kid’, which actor player Uncle Fester in the 1960’s TV version of ‘The Addams Family’?

Answers
--------------------------


  1. Andre Agassi
  2. Kathy Kirby
  3. Sweden
  4. Heston Blumenthal 
  5. Montreal
  6. Adoptive Emperors 
  7. Albion Market
  8. David Niven
  9. Addled Parliament 
  10. Jackie Coogan



5 comments:

  1. Some good questions there. I got five (one was a guess, if I'm honest - sweden).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben!

    Sweden indeed.....if you ever see me on Mastermind that will be my subject, Eurovision, I hope.


    Shall I get my coat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daniel

    Pleased that I got nine on this set. I didn't know the Kathy Kirby one - good questions. I'd say that 1, 4, 7 and 9 are all old stagers. I haven't heard the emperors one asked before, but I'm into all that.( BTW - isn't it Antoninus Pius rather than Antonius ? ) I knew the Jackie Coogan one, but it's a good question. Do you know that the first set of rules for the use of children in motion pictures, and the way that fees paid to them were to be looked after were named after Jackie Coogan - the Coogan Laws ? I think there's nothing wrong with including questions about what has happened in the last 12 months - eg the Eurovision one either. Don't know where I read about the David Niven one, but apparently he made a crack when it happened that the guy doing it was 'exposing his shortcomings for all to see'.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW - have you read Tim Moore's book Nul Points ? I like Tim Moore very much, and I think you'd enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David

    Thanks for the reply and your comments are duly noted.

    I have indeed got the Tim Moore Book and really enjoyed it. A few family members of mine who are not keen on Eurovision even enjoyed it.

    Not sure if I told you before but as a hugely guilty pleasure of mine, I say that its a bit of another obsession really, Eurovision is my Mastermind 1st choice.

    ReplyDelete