Thursday 28 September 2017

Great Lives

Posting up the podcast suggestion yesterday (BBC's Great Lives Series) reminded me of a great Book I have been working my way through this year. Great Lives by The Times. This is a huge tome of obituaries of 124 famous people from History. All fact filled and easy to read. Perfect to get a decent overview into the lives of people who appear in quizzes time and time again. I certainly picked up a lot of interesting facts (and being a question writer, a heck of a lot of material for future questions). The £30 new price tag is hefty, but click the link and head to the Amazon Marketplace section and you will see its available for pennies!

There are several other editions which I intend to dip into (such as Great Scottish Lives) too!



No comments:

Post a Comment