Tuesday 27 March 2012

The oldest of old chestnuts......The Top Most Common Pub Quiz Questions.

The title of this post may have mislead just a little bit, but I am referring back to a post I did here some time ago about questions that seem to haunt you. The old chestnuts that come out time and time again and I am on a mission to find the ten most common questions you have heard asked in your local pub quizzes, on tv game shows and in quiz books. Every quizzer must have certain questions that seem to haunt them over and over and if any of the readers of this blog can mention their's  I would be interested on here. You don't have to give me ten just any questions you see time and time again!

Ill start it off...I heard this at 5 pub quizzes in the space of two months, its been on Eggheads, the Chase and Breakaway recently  and in three quiz books I have been using.

What is the name of the scale used to measure the heat of chilli peppers? (or something similar)



1 comment:

  1. At least once a year I hear:

    "What is the only English word to end in MT"

    "What year did Queen Victoria die?"

    "Who wrote Winnie the Pooh?" or "Who wrote about the residents of Hunrded Acre Wood?"

    "What (or where sometimes) is the deepest place on the Earth?"

    And countless questions about Harry Potter, though now the films have ended they're dying off... only to be replaced by ones about Twilight at the moment... I'm guessing The Hunger Games will be next!

    In fact, I host two quizzes a week, and occassionally I throw these old chestnuts in as I've a fairly young crowd, and have thought about doing a quiz of nothing but all the old chestnuts... so it'll be interesting to see what other questions people come up with.

    ReplyDelete