Sunday 24 August 2014

Mastermind 2014/2015 - Episode 2


 
Mastermind 2014/2015  - Heat 2


 
I found this week's episode of Mastermind to a very odd one indeed. Congratulations to Paula Keaveney on winning via a Tiebreak and making it to the next round.
 
 
I found the GK in this episode to be much tougher than last week. Of course it is all based on personal opinion but the fact that the winning score this week is lower than the 4th place score last week may testify this.
 
 
I had a feeling when the third contestant came to the seat for the GK round that we were heading to a tiebreak due to timings and sure enough we got one! I really enjoy the Mastermind tiebreaks and they are quite rare things. The last one I remember was 2 series ago (involving last weeks runner up Gareth Kingston). With 2 correct answers to 1 Paula Keaveney sailed through.
 
A lot of familiar faces this week.....leads to the question (as raised by David Clark on LAM)...just what is the reapplication policy now. I was under the impression it was a 2 year wait?
 
Anyway here were the final scores from Heat 2.


Paula Keaveney - 21 (Q)
--------------------------------------------------------
Cliff Morgan - 21 (2nd)
Tim Allison - 19
Stephen Peter - 17

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dan,

    It was difficult for me to assess the difficulty of the GK rounds. For example - I scored 3 15s and an 18 - but the 18 was on Paula's round and she went a lot quicker than the others did. So maybe her round wasn't necessarily much easier than theirs. It was almost as if an attack of nerves went round the contenders like some kind of virulent virus - all it would have taken would have been for one of them to have taken the GK round by the scruff of the neck. But then, the chair can do strange things to you . . .
    Yes, I did raise the point about reapplication policy on the podcast. As I said - I have no axe to grind over it - how could I? But it would be nice to know, wouldn't it. I mean, who could complain if they said - well, we don't usually have people back for two series in a row, but each application is always considered on its individual merits. I don't blame Tim Allison for reapplying at all, but I can't remember another time when someone who reached the semi final was allowed straight back for the next series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the general knowledge was tough this week as well.

    ReplyDelete