Sunday 31 August 2014

This Week I Didn't Know....

Again, I little selection of some the of my failings in various quizzes this week. The Picture round was again a bit of a damp squib with most teams scoring 18/20 (as always there were a couple of totally obscure ones). We scored 15/20 and it will have been the three below that most people would have picked up that I missed....

Picture Round

1.



Well this was a funny one.......Without giving too much way if you are trying to get this one yourself, I always struggle telling these new "reality stars" apart. The day after the quiz I would have indeed got this however as this guy became something of a humorous news story this week!

2.


Should have got this! Sport is usually my strongest subject whatever the type of quiz.....but the picture we saw was only a face so didn't even have the badge, or a shirt colour to go off.

3.


Apparently, in the realms of daytime TV, the guy who fronts this show is all the rage. Never seen him,never heard of the show until last week and couldn't even muster a sensible guess.



Answers:

1. James Argent
2. Peter Osgood
3. Judge Rinder



Questions

1. Who played opposite Twiggy in the film The Boy Friend?

Now....even though I consider myself to be rather okay on films, I had not even heard of this movie so was in purely guessing terms. Not even close. Should I have heard of this film? Only one team of 14 got it right.


2. Which female artist is currently at No.7 in the UK album charts with an album called A Perfect Contradiction?

Shame I hadn't paid attention to that weeks charts as this was by a singer I quite like.


3. Actor Benedict Cumberbatch is to voice which popular character in one of the two Jungle Book films entering production?

Totally passed me by this news story and although guessable, my guess was wrong.


4. The port of Ullapool, in the Scottish highlands, lies on which loch?

British Geography is one of my weakest areas. Couldn't come up with a sensible guess that sounded right.




Answers

1. Christopher Gable
2. Paloma Faith
3. Shere Khan
4. Loch Broom




2 comments:

  1. I would have got 2 and 3 on the pictures, but none of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recognise any of the celebs, or even their names!

    The questions I only knew #3. Though I did know Twiggy was in The Boyfriend, but not Christopher Gable.

    ReplyDelete