Tuesday 5 August 2014

This Week I Didn't Know....

In a new feature I am going to be posting up some of my own quiz failings from the week gone by, mainly so I don't make the same mistakes again!



Picture Round

1. 


The picture round in a local quiz I attend weighs a huge burden on the outcome of the quiz as it counts for almost a third of all points. With 20 pictures (10 of which are gimmies) identifying the harder names is vital to winning the quiz itself. After racing through 10, managing to get 2 of the harder sports one, I got stuck for most of the round on this woman. I knew what she did, knew I had seen her several times on the One Show and knew her areas of expertise. Would her name come? Not even close. "Lucy" got stuck in my mind and would not go. Picture rounds can be the most frustrating of rounds and this is a prime example. 


2. 

This one was even more annoying! At the end of the round the quiz master mentioned "No one got this...." and I knew I must have been close. Firstly, I knew she was in a superhero movie but took time to place her as being in Spiderman 3 as Gwen Stacey. I knew early on she was in The Village and was using that to try and bring her name to the front of my mind. I had a feeling it was a three-part name but none of this helped and I ended up putting nothing. A sin I know.....


3. 

Usually I rub my hands when I see the round has a lot of sports pictures. This was the same picture used in the quiz - however the picture used was in black and white and cut off just above the adidas logo - so I assumed it was West Brom and could not place the face. I went for Peter Odenwinge (sp?) without any conviction. Had I realised it was Hull it may have led me to the right answer.


Answers
1. Ellie Harrison
2. Bryce Dallas Howard
3. Curtis Davies


Questions

1. In which US State is Big Bend National Park?

Something I had never heard of. Couldn't think of a way to begin working it out but having since read up about it I really should have known this! At least I know for next time

2. In 1977, which pop star became the first non DJ to present Top of the Pops?

Don't like the way this question is worded but either way I wasn't even close to the right answer. Have a little feeling this could be a chestnut.


Answers
1. Texas
2. Elton John

No comments:

Post a Comment