Thursday 14 August 2014

Sunderland Echo Quiz League - Knockout Trophy Week 2

This week was the second week of the Gowan Scott Memorial Trophy which is a knockout tournament that takes place before the Sunderland Echo Quiz League season in full.

I was acting as setter this week and headed into town to read the questions at Chaplins for their match against Hastings Hill. I found the setting to be very enjoyable and bar one or two questions which, during the quiz I realised, should have been dropped I was over the moon with the results.

The results of Week 2 were -

Chaplins 30 v 40 Hastings Hill
Newbottle 44 v 45 Ashbrooke
Penshaw 37 v 41 The Prior


Mostly close games and as a setter I took pride in the fact there were winners on different sets. The match at Chaplins was a very close run game on the whole. Hastings Hill were actually down for the first three rounds and shot back in the second half to take the win.


Ashbrooke, last seasons champions, keep up their winning streak with a second win, but otherwise the league (see below) is looking very open. The top 4 qualify into the Semi's.

I will post the set up over the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment