Sunday 17 June 2012

QU12 - What happened to it?

I notice on Youtube there are a lot of videos of events ran by a company called QU12. They tend to feature major players on the UK Quiz scene and I have enjoyed watching them. But I cannot seem to find anything online as to what happened to this company and why they seemed to cause controversy on the UK quizzing scene. If anyone could inform me that would be much appreciated?

EDIT: I have been in touch with Steven Kidd, the chief behind QU12 and he has given me some more information. I do not however feel it is my place to share these details.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel

    I can't tell you a great deal, because I don't know. I was invited to play in the South Wales heat in Newport in 2007 IIRC, but couldn't for reasons which escape me now.

    I believe that QU12 was the brainchild of Steve Kidd. Steve is a well known face on the quiz scene, who has appeared on a number of TV quiz shows in his time. The last time I saw him was in series 3 of Only Connect, when he was in the same team as Mastermind 2011 finalist Diane Hallagan.

    Steve did have a website with a lot of information about some of his TV appearences, but that seems to have disappeared from the net recently. I hope that he is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say that it's disappeared - I've just googled and found it again ! Maybe it was offline for a while. Here's the URL
    http://kidd.20m.com/
    Curiously there doesn't seem to be a page about QU12 there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Steve Kidd here. The walking dead! I will endeavor to make sure the qu12 stuff goes back up somewhere, and I still love buzzer quizzing. Went away to Plymouth last year to get my teaching ticket, but thanks to a few people am getting re-inspired to get buzzing again.

    Have just checked http://www.skidd.me.uk/quiz/index.html and you can click through that page.

    I do get thoroughly miffed at web sites dissapearing. You are doing a good job with yours.

    I will be doing a buzzer quiz at The Rustic Arms on Tuesday nights.

    I don't know if I will pick up any replies on here, but my email is steve_jm_kidd@yahoo.co.uk

    Londinius. Thanks for the kind words whoever you are

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Steve, any idea what happened to the Newport round of the quiz? I entered that one, but have never seen it online. Thanks

    ReplyDelete