Friday 6 July 2012

Think You Know it All?




I have one word for this book....marvellous!

This is not the "normal" kind of quiz book you will be used to using and I would strongly recommend it to quizzers on any level. The closest thing I can actually compare it to is either the "On the tip of my tongue" book or the website Sporcle (which I am sure you have all used).

It is ideal for quiz revision, learning and testing yourself and others. The questions do not come as standard quiz questions but in all kind of interesting formats from giving you dates of composers with you required to name them, quotes from Shakespeare you link to a play, maps with points you need to identify....my words and descriptions won't do the book justice as there is so much diversity from the simple to the challenging that it will give any level of quizzer a serious workout.

I have found some gaps in my knowledge, realised I know more than I do and above all else when I have had an hour or so with this book I have felt as if I have had a real genuine brain workout! Dan Smith has done a fantastic job on this and even though the "activity book for grown ups" is a bit of an odd choice of title, suffice to say this is a cracking general knowledge test.

If you liked "On the tip your tounge" you will love this!


Below is the link to buy it on Amazon, a snip at £5.49 as it will keep you entertained for hours. Go on treat yourself.....

No comments:

Post a Comment