Wednesday 25 July 2012

Where did that come from?

I have touched on this in a previous post on this blog, but the more I learn the more it is starting to happen....


If you are a long term reader you may have read my post earlier in the year asking readers which questions gave quizzers the most satisfaction. Chestnuts? One's you have taken time to learn? Questions you get straight away without thinking? Questions you have to work out?

The answers were pretty varied but lately I have started to question where my knowledge has come from. Usually when I question comes up I know, I know how I know it (that make sense?). But lately when watching TV shows (Cleverdicks and UC in particular) answers keep popping into my head that I say out loud, immediately doubt and they turn out to be right. Being rather obsessive I then spend the next 5 minutes trying to remember how I know it. For someone who likes being in control and is very obsessive about hobbies etc, this really throws me. I suppose its a sign I am becoming a better quizzer but it has not changed my opinion on the above debate.

My favourite questions still remain ones you have to work out. Where answering based on a fact you know is not enough and you have to do some lateral thinking etc. Only Connect style questions being a prime example. Using fact based knowledge for other purposes and spending time to work out the right answer is still the highlight for me. Answering chestnuts and easy questions is always satisfying to some degree but you cannot beat working hard for that one point..........

No comments:

Post a Comment