Tuesday 31 July 2012

Amazon Marketplace - Bargain Hunting

I am sure you are all aware of the Amazon MarketPlace which is basically a second hand dealership ran through Amazon to get hold of books that have been used (or "Pre-loved" as one seller put it :)) or rare.

Something seems to have happened lately too where the books now can qualify for free delivery which when it first started was not the case. This leads to even more bargains!

I have bigged up Charity Shops on here for cheap reference works but Amazon that on the Marketplace now. I have just a bookshelf full of reference books for around £20 using a gift voucher I did not know I had.

Spend a few minutes looking for reference works and you will see what I mean. This is probably old news to a lot of book buyers but I have only just began to realise what a treasure trove it is!


Some particular highlights of books I have and noticed are going cheap on the site (but half the fun is hunting them down yourself) -




Pears quiz Companion which I have mentioned before. A pittance on Amazon and useful on all levels of quizzing.





Trevor Montagues A-Z of Sport...published a few years back but still jam packed full of info and available for the same price as a loaf of bread!





Another Montague classics reference work that acts as an essential guide to the UK and Ireland. One of his best books!






The colourful and brilliant Guinness Book of Knowledge.


I could go on and on here but Ill stick with those four for now, by no means the best bargains but just see for yourself of the joys to have on the marketplace. Saves you a fortune!

No comments:

Post a Comment