Sunday 16 April 2017

Quiz in the North XI

No automatic alt text available.
 
 
The Holbeck Working Mens Club, Leeds
 

To my shame, I think I have only ever briefly mentioned Quiz in the North events on the blog. The event advertised above is the 11th such event which continues to go from strength to strength.
 
In a nutshell, Quiz in the North is a day of quizzing for people who enjoy their quizzes. With some of the countries top quizzers taking part, including Eggheads and Chasers, it is a perfect introduction for people who are keen to quizzes more seriously. I hate using the word "serious" regarding these event as I don't want to put people off playing as they are always a fun day! The events have attracted experience veterans of the quizzing world and newer players keen to test themselves. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and even if you plan to come along alone without knowing anybody, you will soon be made to feel right at home.
 
When I first starting quizzing seriously I made the mistake of delaying attending a GP for years as I was a ) worried about not knowing people and b)scared of showing myself up  and I wish these events had been around when I was starting out.
 
The day itself tends to vary from venue to venue, and with a different setter each time, you never quite know what it expect. Usually the morning begins with a  150 questions or so written quiz with team events in the afternoon (where you will find yourself sorted into teams to ensure a fair playing field).
 
Full details of the event can be found on the facebook and the Eventbrite page https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/quiz-in-the-north-xi-tickets-32328755177.

No comments:

Post a Comment