Monday 25 May 2020

Quizzing in Lockdown #8 - Wayne Shapiro - Trivia Madness


The next in our Quizzing in Lockdown series comes from Down Under with a post from Wayne Shapiro from Trivia Madness.....

Image preview

 

I started running online quizzes for family and friends on a Sunday night, but have transferred to running online quizzes for companies whose staff are working from home. It has been extremely successful with 38 bookings for May alone, sometimes running 4 in a day!!

 

The format I am using is whatever video platform is used by the client. The best is Zoom, but I have also used Microsoft Teams, Webex, Google Meets and GoTo Webinar. The attendees go on to the video platform to watch mem but the quiz is run using the website crowdpurr.com. I write my quizzes on there, multiple choice and timed. It works really smooth for what I need it for. The quiz runs for about 35-40 minutes.

 

Adapting wasn’t too hard, but certainly helped when I was recommended to the website I now use. Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of interaction with my pub quizzers, but from a financial standpoint, it is better for me to do what I am doing. I have a very strong list of clients now and at least 50% of my clients are new ones, so 2021 hopefully will be a great year.

 

My normal quiz nights in Sydney were Tuesday nights at the Royal Hotel in Paddington. I also had staff running quizzes at 3 venues on Wednesday nights.

 



YouTube Corporate Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FcfRNjwFv0

wayne@triviamadness.com.au

www.wayneshapiro.com.au

 

No comments:

Post a Comment