Wednesday 15 August 2012

Book Recommendation: Oxford Concise Encyclopaedia

Every quizzer is going to have a different approach to learning and reading. I like to keep mine varied and enjoy having a stash of encyclopaedia's on my book shelf to dip into now and then.

I recently have been using "The Oxford Concise Encyclopaedia" which I picked up in good condition from the Amazon Website.  This is a paperback based, "standard size", Encylopaedia which I have found contains great levels of detail, interesting facts and a whole range of useful information. I often find that some Encyclopaedias go way overboard and some "Concise" ones seem to miss out too much.

This book seems to have struck the perfect balance and as a result it makes it perfect both for spurts of Quiz revision and also for learning new facts. For that reason I would recommend it for any quizzer as a useful and enjoyable addition to your bookshelf....




No comments:

Post a Comment