Tuesday 21 August 2012

Don’t Blow The Inheritance




Don’t Blow The Inheritance - Episode 1

Don’t Blow The Inheritance began its run in the 5pm ITV slot last night. It does not seem long since this game show was calling for contestants so I was surprised to see it on this soon, but nevertheless anything is better than Tipping Point.

The show is fronted by Tim Vine who is a bit hit and miss as a comedian, and now as a presenter, for me but he is fine is this role. The basic concept is that offspring enter the contest with one of their parents. The parents rack up cash and the final round is all dependant on the offspring. It’s a good idea and in terms of format it works!

The first round is a very simple cash builder. Questions are asked and the offspring buzz in if they think their parent knows it. The parents are sitting behind to avoid cheating. To be honest, I think this makes Don’t Blow The Inheritance a unique game show in some ways. Notice how I am not calling it a quiz show. I certainly enjoyed it and even though they play a lot on the facial expressions of parents and there is far too much idle banter in the first 20 minutes, Don’t Blow The Inheritance did not get off to a bad start in my view.

After one pair are eliminated in round one Don’t Blow The Inheritance moves onto to a second round…a list round! Huzzah! I love a good list round and this was by far my favourite part of Don’t Blow The Inheritance. The offspring chooses the category from a list, the parent guesses as many of the ten as they can (Top ten ITV shows etc) with £1,000 for each.

Again one pair is eliminated and the following round involves 3 clues to an answer….the offspring can buzz in any time. The questions on this part of Don’t Blow The Inheritance were a bit hit and miss. Some were really good that had me thinking, others were much easier. But again, this round was not so bad.

The final round to Don’t Blow The Inheritance adds a unique twist. The team this week had amassed £16,000. All the offspring has to do is answer 5 questions….if they answer 5 in a row, they win all the money they have gained. As soon as they get one wrong the countdown starts and the money ticks away until 5 are answered right. I think around £4,000 was won last night after a spat of wrong answers. The questions in the final round were pretty straight forward but they did throw in a few curve balls to ensure the first show saw the dramatic ticking down.

First off, as I always say about these kind of shows, Don’t Blow The Inheritance is not aimed at me. As you know I much prefer the more serious quizzes but that is not to say I don’t have time for this. Give me a good tea time gameshow and I’ll watch it day after day. Will I stick with Don’t Blow The Inheritance? Well there was nothing in it to put me off. Although the questions were at times on the easy side, the format was good and the only really downside is all the idle banter throughout the show.

I think Don’t Blow The Inheritance will get a place on my daily Sky Plus Records so I can skip through the chit chat and watch the question rounds. I love list rounds so Ill be keeping an eye on that.
Don’t Blow The Inheritance then has not made a bad start at all, certainly leagues ahead of Tipping Point and I will certainly give it another chance!

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Tks very much for post:

    I like it and hope that you continue posting.

    Let me show other source that may be good for community.

    Source: Are you a team player? Interview question answer

    Best rgs
    David

    ReplyDelete