Monday 6 August 2012

Wiped out by a wrong question…

It happens to be that at the quiz I mentioned that was blighted by cheating yesterday is the subject of this post. Despite the quiz being hard we had a better week than usual scoring 51 points. The cheats obviously googled their way to 57-58 to take the top 3 but I was the cause of us being wiped out.

The wipeout round was going well…7 definite answers but one was causing us problems. It was something along the lines of “Mary King and whom are the only two women to have competed in 6 Olympic Games?”

Immediately the name Allison Williamson came into my head. I knew the answer and in fact thing I asked it as one of my questions on this blog before! Because I had such a strong conviction I did not doubt it regardless of everyone else in the team seemingly raising eyebrows and not wanting to tell me that they didn’t feel confident putting it.

Sheet came back….The answer wiped us out. We lost what should have been 7-8 points and a probable win. In the back of my mind I knew I was right but just accepted that perhaps I was wrong. The answer given was Tessa Sanderson. 

As soon as I got chance the next day I researched it and sure enough I was right. Allison Williamson was not a wrong answer, the question was horrible and I have not even researched to see if there are indeed more than those three who have been at 6 or more. It was either badly researched or out of date. Either way it did not strike me in the quiz how right I was and thus walked away. I know the quizmaster and have informed him in a playful manner but still very annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment