Monday 15 July 2019

Quizzers Starter Pack #1

As promised, this is the first post in a series of ten. The idea behind the post is to recommend the best/most useful books to help you improve quizzing, that I have found most useful and that are considered amongst many quizzers to be the finest publications on the market.

They are not ranked at all, well perhaps apart from the todays entry, and the books are intended to be taken as a complete pack of 10! If you had these ten books on your shelves in other words, they would help you improve your quizzing or at least point you in the right direction.....

And we will start of with a book that I have mentioned several times before on the blog

 
Quizzers Starter Pack #1
 
Pears Quiz Companion
 
 
 

 
 
When I started taking quizzing a little more seriously, that really coincides with the launch of this blog around 8-9 years ago, this was one of the first books I purchased. Several copies later (due to them becoming so battered through daily use) I can safely say that this is the most useful book in my entire collection in terms of improving my quizzing. Whether it has been pub quizzes, TV shows, quiz leagues or indeed some of my better performances in national competitive quizzes, this book has been the backbone.
 
The Pears Quiz Companion covers all manner of subjects, in a simple two columned format that narrows down simple facts into easily memorable formats. Although the book sadly has never been updated, 90% plus of it is the kind of facts that never change and within a few weeks of committing to learning this book, I guarantee you are going to start to see it pay off. I was off the "page a day" technique and it worked a treat!
 
Although, as mentioned, I am not doing the ten books in the Quizzer Stater Pack in any order, this would stand head and shoulders above the rest if I was. An essential book!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment