In the league, each team gets a different set of questions so there is the issue of trying to balance the questions to ensure fairness. I certainly made one mistake I feel based on the match I watched. I decided to ask a pair about sports trophies. The sport in which the Larry O Brien Trophy is awarded went unanswered (answers all below) whereas from talking to others the Vince Lombardi trophy is much easier. The other questions seemed to go down well and I could not resist sneaking in a Eurovision question. This is the set of questions I set all of which were either used or in the spares. I think only the Eurovision question in Set B and the aforementioned Larry O Brien question went unanswered at the match I was watching from the set below.
Overall setting is another part of the Quiz League experience I have thorougholy enjoyed. Roll on next week!
1. The Vince Lombardi Trophy is awarded to a champion team in which sport?
2. The largest producer of electric power in its homeland, on what river is the Grand Coulee Dam?
3. The Eurovision Song Contest. What was it mandatory for the Host Broadcaster to provide until 1998 but after it became optional in 1999 it has never been used since?
A LIVE ORCHESTRA
4. The 'Arab Spring' uprising in Egypt during 2011 was inspired by the 'Jasmine Revolt' which took place in which country?
5. Rosina, Doctor Bartolo and Court Almaviva are characters in which 1816 opera buffa by Rossini?
THE BARBER OF SEVILLE
6. Which long running British TV show was devised by former RAF pilot Bill Wright and based on his experiences in a POW camp? Particularly the elements of interrogation.
7. Due to the familial relationship between them, what collective term is given to the Roman Emperors Nerva, Trajan, Hadrian, Antonius Pius and Marcus Aurelius?
1. The Larry O Brien Championship Trophy is awarded to the champions in which sport?
BASKETBALL (NBA Winners)
2. Almost collapsing in a flood of 1983, on what river does the Glen Canyon Dam lie?
3. When Katrina and The Waves won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1997, what was used for the first time and has been used ever since?
4. Pearl Roundabout has been a scene of political protests, in which city is it?
5. Tamino, Papageno and the Queen of the Night are characters in which 1791 opera by Mozart?
THE MAGIC FLUTE
6. A version of which song is used as the theme tune to the UK version of The Office starring Ricky Gervais?
HANDBAGS AND THE GLADRAGS
7. Which Goddess was pictured on all Olympic medals from 1928-2002, seated with an ear of corn in one hand and wreath in the other? Her name is still synonymous with sport today.