Thursday 8 November 2012

Top 10 Most Useful Reference Books 2012 #10 - Facts Facts Facts

I have over the course of 2012 mentioned a wide range of Reference Works, I have suggested, reviewed and comment on a vast number of books and I hope some have been of use.

So, as the year comes to an end I am going to be counting down what I consider to have been the Top 10 most useful books to me personally this year. This list is simply relevant to me and my quizzing this year and I am not commenting here on which books I think are the "best" as such, simply those that I have found most useful this year.


I will post one up every few days but to Kick it all off....

10




Facts Facts Facts is one of the many titles in the Chambers Series of Reference works which they have been producing for some time.

Facts Facts Facts is perhaps my favourite of the Chambers series. It comes nicely in a hardbacked format with a good layout to the whole book. Every major quizzing area is covered as you would expect and learning the information in this book will surely set you up for better quizzing.

It was published in 2010 so is fairly up to date in most areas, it is easy to find what you are looking for and there is a great level of detail packed into each of the 992 pages. Better quizzers than me have also sworn by this book.

Well worth a place on any bookshelf and studying this has certainly added my quizzing in more ways than one this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment