Tuesday 13 November 2012

Top 10 Most Useful Reference Books 2012 - #8 Top 10 of Everything


As I continue my series in looking at what reference works have been the most useful to me throughout the course of 2012. Two titles share the number 8 slot. Both of which I purchased this year....


8




You have probably noticed the Top 10 of Everything Titles in various stores and over the past few years they have certainly become much more mainstream with, from what I am told, superb sales figures. 

The books are not everyone's cup of tea. However, ignore these at your peril! The books contain, what you expect...lists of the highest, most recent, tallest, longest etc. All vital quizzing material. They are presented nicely, making them easy to learn and there is not too much information crammed into one page. The lists are supported by fantastic photographs and visually these books are fantastic! They are also hardback.

I have found that by learning information from these books, I have taken in a heck of a lot of information which has improved my quizzing. Obviously the one downside you may consider here is that the books, by their very nature, are released every year but they do not contain the same information. The 2013 version covers different areas to the 2012 version. There is a little bit of crossover but that is only natural as the lists change.

I personally would highly recommend these books as easy to use books with essential quizzing information for quizzers at any level!

No comments:

Post a Comment