Sunday 3 February 2013

Yorkshire GP

I travelled down to Yorkshire yesterday for my third Quizzing Grand Prix in succession. Living up in Sunderland this is probably the closest GP to me geographically so it was not too early a start! The venue was Lee Brigg WMC, Altofts and around 80 quizzers took part.

I know what to expect by now from these events and again it was hugely enjoyable . On a personal note in the individual quiz the hours and hours of work I had put in over the past month seemed to pay off as I scored around 15 points more than usual and around 30 places higher than usual too! I beat some good quizzers for the first time and managed my highest ever genre placing (15th in Entertainment) which I was over the moon with.  I also managed to get my best ever Hot 100 score so all the work has certainly paid for. I think I was helped in part by a good chunk (at least half a dozen) of questions focusing on recent events which I had worked a lot on to overcome bad current affairs rounds in local quizzes.

The team quiz in the afternoon was equally as enjoyable with even my old home town (Peterlee) coming up in the questions.

Next stop is Northants at the start of March which is quite a trek for us so will mean an overnight stay and for anyone interested in these events I would definitely recommend them. Always welcoming  friendly and a great day out!

No comments:

Post a Comment