Thursday 20 December 2012

Last Years Resolutions - Did I manage?


Well, again being in the reflective mood I always am at this time a year I have trawled through my archives here and found last years quizzing resolutions. Let's see if I kept them....


- A very simple one to start off with, simply attend more quizzes. I get to quite a few but for various reasons..... financial, work related etc.....I have been inconsistent at parts this year. There was a time earlier in the summer when I was attending 5 quizzes a week and I hope to get back to that level at some point.

I can certainly say this has been kept! I am attending more quizzes than ever and certainly pushing myself on all fronts. Moving to Sunderland City Centre certainly helped this year and the choice of quizzes is far greater.

- Get on a TV show. Applications have been going in every chance I get but I hope 2012 is they year I finally make it onto a TV show. An audition I couldn't make for a Nick Hancock quiz and The Chase have cropped up this year so hopefully more will come.

Failed but not for the want of trying.....I won't give up that easily!

- Run a pub quiz. I had the chance earlier in the month to meet a local bar owner to run a quiz but as it was during work time I couldn't make it and it was never re-arrange. I really would like 2012 to be a year in which I can run my own pub quiz, even just for one night or to cover a regular. I am hoping this will happen sooner rather than later.

An opportunity has never arose and to be quite honest I am not overly fussed that this failed. I enjoy setting questions for the League but feel I would not get the same out of setting a standard pub quiz and would rather use that time a) studying or b) attending the quiz!

- Expand my quizzing horizons. I am very much at the moment relying on expensive taxis and buses to get to and from quizzes as well as my own two legs. Obviously this restricts me massivley and there are certain quizzes I attend that I wish I could find alternatives to. Hopefully my driving test will be passed this year and I can get up and running and.............

I failed my last driving test and 2012 has not seen that progress but living in Sunderland and meeting fellow quizzers has certainly expanded my horizons.

- Join a Quiz League. I have been talking to various people at The Sunderland Echo Quiz League for some time now and there is scope to join but the travel doesnt suit me so if either I get my proposed move sorted or pass my test I can enter this. 

Achieved. So glad I managed this and I would urge anyone with any interest in quizzing to seek out a local league.

 - Regardless of anything else I really desire to attend an even through the British Quizzing Association. I am an active member of the forum over at Quizzing.co.uk and am dying to attend but due to it being Xmas and me changing jobs the last few months finances haven't permitted it but I am determined to make it to either Coventry on 7th Jan or Yorkshire the following month.

Thanks to the kind offer of a lift I made it to the final GP of the season (and also the WQC earlier in the year via train) so I hope to attend as many as possible this year. Work and travel arrangements permitting I may be able to attend the majority of events held!



Not a bad return

No comments:

Post a Comment