Tuesday 24 January 2012

Brain of Britain - Round 1 - Match 11

Brain of Britain - Round 1 - Match 11

Perhaps the only good thing about a Monday, Brain of Britain continued on last night with another heat as we approach the semi finals, a very close one indeed.

Contestants - 

Alan Hay
Paul Duke
Toby O Connor Morse
William Thirsk Gaskell

Although tonight's heat was very very close......a few of the top runners up from previous rounds must be kicking themselves that they were not in this heat. I do not been to be disrespectful to any of the contenders in any way but off the top of my head I think not only was this the lowest scoring heat so far but also I feel tonight's questions were the easiest set yet!

As an inexperienced quizzer my scores are never great on this but tonight I managed to answer a heck of a lot more than usual which is by no means a measure of difficulty of the quiz, but to me it says a lot! A hatful of insanely hard questions did pop up though and couple this with the fact that obvious answers were missed and you have your explanation for the low scores.

Alan Hay always looked likely to win throughout but a good challenge from Paul Duke. Gaskell never really got going but showed some good knowledge elsewhere. We have seen some fantastic displays in recent heats of this series and some serious contenders have emerged, and I may be very wrong, but I do not think we have seen one here.

Standings - 

Alan Hay - 10
Toby O Connor Morse - 9
Paul Duke - 7
William Thirsk Gaskell - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment