Wednesday 25 January 2012

Checking in with The Chase....


The Chase

The Chase remains ever present in ITV's tea time slot and looks likely to do so for some time. I tend to catch a few episodes a week although due to travel to work I tend to miss bits and bobs. After an early finish on Monday I was able to get home for the shows 6pm start time on ITV +1 (which I keep forgetting about).

For me the Chase is still an enjoyable quiz show. Its always nice seeing respected and successful quizzers on Tv shows such as this and with the addition of Paul Sinha the Chase continues to go from strength to strength.. Its a good concept, Bradley Walsh makes a good presenter and it has not got stale yet....nowhere near.

I think the team have come up with some cracking questions, albeit heavy on pop culture which is only to be expected and I tend to learn at least a couple of new things ever show I catch. I have applied to be on the show again so hopefully that will come off. It is a hard show to win, really hard (I would say harder than Eggheads due to the multiple choice of their last round) but on Monday someone managed to take home £8,000.

You do tend to get the impression ITV are not after good quizzers to face The Chasers. There have been some fantastic quizzers on the show who have done brilliantly but its more personality than knowledge that will get you through the audition I feel.

All in all though The Chase is a great addition to the tv schedules and long may it continue.....

No comments:

Post a Comment