- The Claret Jug is awarded to the winner of which golfing competition?
- Which Beatles song contains the lyric "Friday night arrives without a suitcase"?
- On which racecourse is the Welsh Grand National run?
- Linford Christie won a gold medal representing Great Britain in the 100 metres at the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona, but what country was he born in?
- What was the name the gang of girls in the movie Grease?
- Which infamous Doctor Who villains are to be given a rest for the foreseeable future, the BBC confirmed this week?
- Who won the best supporting actor Oscar for his role in the film The Fugitive opposite Harrison Ford?
- Cleveland Brown, Joe Swanson and Mayor Adam West are all characters that appear in which popular animated television series?
- Does the captain sit in the left or right hand seat in the cockpit of a commercial airplane?
- The highest heat setting on an iron is for which fabric - Silk, Cotton or Linen?
- Which country lies immediately east of Chile?
- What is the name given to a whale's nostril?
- What is the capital of Turkey?
- In Greek mythology, which youth fell in love with his own reflection?
- In the theatre what is the name given to the waiting, or retiring room for the actors?
- Chronophobia is the fear of what?
- What type of drink lended itself to the title of a number one single for All Saints?
- When the UN was established in 1945, what did it replace?
- Which Countdown presenter is to leave after less than three years hosting the Channel 4 quiz show?
- How many points is a letter �V� worth in Scrabble?
- What is the state capital of New Mexico?
- What was the original colour of the soft drink Coca-Cola?
Wednesday, 8 June 2011
Wednesday Quiz - June 8th
First in a series on weekly Wednesday Quizzes to get the mid-week brain working.....Answers in email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in comment box please