Tuesday 15 January 2013

Quizzing Week...

The first full of the week and after the Xmas break it was back into a range of quizzes to kick things of for 2013.

The return of the Sunderland Echo Quiz League was something I was very much looking forward. After a Xmas break of a couple of weeks the first match for us (Museum Vaults) was at Newbottle. The match turned out to be one of the best of the season so far with a very narrow win. After trailing by over 8 points going into the second half we managed to stage a comeback and win by a mere point.

Again I am really enjoying the league and would urge anyone to seek out a local league. If you are in the North-East area the Sunderland League is very welcoming and friendly. Its improving my knowledge on a weekly basis and is much more fun than a standard pub quiz.

Speaking of a standard pub quiz my first of the year was a profitable one this week. Now, I am never keen on themed quizzes as I have mentioned before but I do love a Review of the Year quiz and my local quizmaster put together a corker this week. Luckily, a lot of my time lately has been spent in reviews of the year, Almanacs and such like as well as the usual round up in the papers so I managed to dig out a lot more answers than usual and got by far the best score I have achieved in a team of 2 at this quiz. We missed the win by one point after not taking a risk on a wipeout round but the overall quiz was great!

I was also drawn out for the 2nd Jackpot of the night in which I faced a question "For what play did James Corden win a Tony Award in 2012?".  Another little earner for me on that front with a cash prize. To be fair, I would not have got the question had I been drawn out first (thats the number I would have picked) which was on 'Homeland" but either way a nice little start to the year.

This week the league involves a top of the table clash at one of the best pubs in Sunderland (Kings Arms) with a GP in Yorkshire only a couple of weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment