Wednesday 27 July 2011

Tuesday Night Quizzing....Lack of Wednesday!

Well, it was off to the Southside Social Club, Easington Village last night after discovering the quiz last week and rather than just the two of us we ended up with a team of 6 this week. We ended in a tiebreak for second (which we lost) but were happy with the score and the quiz was enjoyed by all.

Some problems arose though mainly the 5 questions on the Troggs and the 4 questions on The Mallard. Due to this knowledge gap in all our team members we lost out on around 12 points as bonuses were awarded on certain questions. Again, the quizmaster did a similar thing last week asking about Creedance Clearwater Revival  so I assume this is a habit.

Straight away I have spotted that, although a great quiz, themes have been popping up....American State Capitals, Capital Cities, German State Capitals and most populous cities in certain American States. improving my knowledge of these will help us massivley in this quiz.

But other than the repetition the quiz was varied, fun and I definitely learned a thing or two so well worth a trip out and my Tuesday Night Quizzing home will remain Southside Social Club.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday is still in the middle of a drought in this neck of the woods with no quizzes near by. It's the perfect night for us too as my other half is off the next day and its good to get out in the middle of week but I am not to have that particular pleasure. If anyone knows of any good quizzes in the local North East area let me know as if I know there is a good quiz further away I will travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment